About the terms
Access to and use of ‘bqf.org.uk’ both within the UK and internationally is provided by The British Quality Foundation (BQF) on the following terms:
1. By using bqf.org.uk you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of bqf.org.uk. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to bqf.org.uk.
2. BQF may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of bqf.org.uk will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on bqf.org.uk then the latter shall prevail.
Use of bqf.org.uk
3. You agree to use bqf.org.uk only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use of bqf.org.uk. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within bqf.org.uk.
4. This website and its content is copyright of The British Quality Foundation – © BQF. All rights reserved. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
5. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on bqf.org.uk and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in BQF. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use bqf.org.uk content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any bqf.org.uk content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of bqf.org.uk content requires the prior written permission of BQF.
6. The names, images and logos identifying the BQF or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of BQF and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of BQF or any other third party.
Contributions to BQF
7. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with BQF you agree to grant to BQF, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for BQF services. In certain circumstance BQF may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
8. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
9. In order that BQF can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give BQF permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution.
11. If you do not want to grant BQF the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with bqf.org.uk.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
12. Any links to third party websites from bqf.org.uk do not amount to any endorsement of that site by BQF and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
13. bqf.org.uk content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to BQF, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided ‘AS IS’ and on an ‘AS AVAILABLE’ basis. To the extent permitted by law, BQF excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. BQF does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by BQF is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of BQF for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
14. BQF shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of bqf.org.uk regardless of the form of action.
15. BQF does not warrant that functions available on bqf.org.uk will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that bqf.org.uk or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
16. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
17. The failure or delay of BQF to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive BQF’s right to enforce that right.
18. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.