A day of sharing, learning, networking and contributing to your continuous improvement journey
Our deserving UK Excellence Award winners were announced at our fabulous Awards Ceremony in March at The Guildhall, London to a packed audience and in the presence of our Patron, HRH The Princess Royal.
Sharing that success with others is an important part of being a winner. Join us and meet, listen to and learn from the winners at this Excellence Showcase. The day is filled with main stage presentations from:
- UK Excellence Award winners, Northumbrian Water and SafeMove.
- Lean Six Sigma Academy winners, Sky.
- Discover what it takes to win an Innovation Award as finalists share insight into their winning entries.
Sharing best practice
Find out more about compelling examples of best practice, exceptional performance and expertise.
There will be plenty of time for questions and answers. If you are keen to learn more about what makes a winner, then these are must attend sessions:
- Customer Experience – Chiltern Railways
- Employee Engagement – National Express Bus
- Diversity and Equality – Purple Conversation CIC – *Jury Commendation*
- Sustainability and Society – Phoenix Futures
You can choose two from the four sessions offered during the morning and afternoon.
- Opportunities to network with winners and finalists throughout the day.
- Learn about the Leadership Awards, launched in 2017 for the 2018 Awards.
- Join other innovators, role models, champions and leaders.
- Gather inspiration to enter for an award in 2019.
- Find out more about BQF and the EFQM Excellence Model.
Have your say
New for 2018! Let us know your thoughts and ideas about any areas or topics you feel are unrepresented in our Awards. The preferred topic or theme will be taken forward into our 2019 awards programme.
Programme for the day
|08.30||Arrival, registration and breakfast|
|10.00||Welcome – Ian Swain, CEO BQF|
|10.10||Introduction from our host – Anne Scorey, BSI|
|10.30||UK Excellence Award Winner 1 (speaker TBC)|
|(A)||Innovation in Customer Experience Award – Jamie Green, Chiltern Railways|
|(B)||Innovation in Sustainability and Society Award – James Armstrong, Phoenix Futures|
|(C)||Innovation in Employee Engagement Award – Bryan Bannister, National Express Bus|
|(D)||Innovation in Diversity and Equality Award – Phil McCusker, Purple Conversation CIC –
|11.55||Return to Main Theatre|
|12.05||UK Excellence Award Winner 2 – Victoria Farrell, SafeMove|
|13.30||Interactive Delegate Discussion, BQF to lead|
|Repeat of morning sessions|
|14.35||Break and return to Main Theatre|
|14.50||Lean Six Sigma Award – Jo Martin, SKY UK|
|15.25||Leadership Award – (speaker TBC)|
|15.55||CLOSE, Ian Swain, CEO BQF|
BSI has kindly offered to host the showcase event at their offices in Milton Keynes. They have helped organisations around the world build resilience for more than a century. BSI were proud sponsors of the BQF UK Excellence Awards 2018 to support the 25th Anniversary of an organisation that puts excellence at the heart of its membership.
‘Making Excellence A Habit’ is also at the heart of BSI. It is through the passion and expertise of its people, that they embed excellence in organisations across the globe to improve business performance and resilience.