- This event has passed.
EQ equips you to understand and know how to handle your own emotions successfully. It enables you to recognise and empathise with the emotions of your colleagues an understand how to respond skilfully. EQ is vital to good leadership, effective management, strong teamwork and harmonious workplaces. Without EQ, there are often unresolved emotional issues that fester and surface in unexpected ways that disrupt work just when you don’t want them.
With EQ, you will know how to diminish the negative emotions at work and increase those emotions that add to the happiness and well-being of the workplace
This training with give you theory and practice relating directly to the current challenges of the workplace.
Learn the Art of Easy Conflict Resolution
Nearly every workplace has conflict. Equipped with the right tools you can turn conflict into a positive point of growth that serves you and your workplace. Based on over 25 years experience of resolving conflicts creatively, this session will be backed up with case studies of success.
You do not need to resign yourself to endless conflicts, nor do you need to ignore them. You will go away equipped with ideas, techniques, tools and the confidence to resolve one of your conflicts.
This is a very practical session to:
- Understand the roots of conflict
- Learn 7 tools to resolve conflict
- Know how to apply it back at work.
You will take away:
* An understanding of the theory and practical impact of EQ at work
* Tools, approaches, practical EQ activities that you can use with your colleagues
* Management EQ tools to work with ‘difficult’ people
* Activities that encourage positive emotions and clear unhelpful ones
* Ways to ensure relationships are open, honest and relaxed
* EQ tips for building co-operative teams that work smoothly together
* A one-minute technique to broach a difficult conversation giving feedback
* A personal strategy to develop your EQ on an on-going basis
* The confidence to put EQ in to practice straightaway
What you can Expect:
This will be a very practical day, focused on the here and now issues of work, a day where you will learn tried and tested ways of creating a workplace where you and colleagues know how to generate positive emotions such as ease and well-being, and handle difficult ones such as anger, frustration, irritation, anxiety, feeling anxious, discouraged and low. It will be safe, fun and will equip you with tools to change the way you experience work. Based on 25 years of doing this work, there will be plenty of case-studies, theory and activities to take away.