What is Change Management?
Change Management is a collective term for all approaches to prepare, support, and help individuals, teams, and organisations in making change.
For most people change has become a constant driven by a number of different reasons. Yet research shows us that around 80% of most change initiatives don’t achieve their full potential which means we very often fail to deliver for shareholders, customers, our organisation and our people.
The effects of not managing change well can be damaging and long-lasting, therefore it’s vital that everyone feels confident and equipped to play their role in ensuring the change is managed well and delivers its full potential. Change Management is simply a set of methods, tools and techniques that helps us to do just that.
Why Boomster Consulting?
We have recently collaborated with Boomster Consulting who have created the simple and practical approach to Achieving Brilliant Change.
They specialise in building and transferring capability to others with a real focus on operational application, simplifying many well-known theories into easy to apply daily repeatable habits that enable others to deliver successful sustainable change. They believe we all have a role to play in making great change happen.
After completion of your training, you will have the opportunity to apply for certification from BQF, providing externally recognised application of Change Management. The process includes an exam and a portfolio review, overseen by a BQF assessor, however the process varies depending on which certification you wish to complete.
Once passed, you will feature on BQF’s Certification Register under ‘Change Management’. Certifications include BQF Change Management Practitioner, BQF Change Management Advanced Practitioner and BQF Change Management Master Practitioner, depending on which level of Change Management you practice.
To find out more about pricing, please contact Boomster Consulting. If you have been trained by BQF in Change Management you will receive a discount when you book your certification.
To understand what is required as evidence at each level (Body of Knowledge) click on a Change Management level below.
- If you have been certified in Change Management with another organisation other than BQF (at any level) the conversion criteria applies.
- If you have been trained in Change Management with another organisation but are not certified (at any level) the certification criteria applies.
- The Change Management certifications include Bodies of Knowledge and the certification requirements are accredited by BQF.
- The conversion/certification must ensure the candidates at all levels meet the specified requirements.
- Each certification level will be assessed against the required body of knowledge for their knowledge, understanding and application of
– Principles and concepts
– Tools and techniques
- The candidates will be given an exam (in classroom conditions) and present a portfolio to be assessed in interview format.
- The pass rate of the exam depends on the relevant level that the candidate is applying for.
- Change Management Master Practitioner conversion/certification will require additional observation, testimonial interviews and an event review as well as the exam and portfolio review.
- Exam – Open ‘book’ 20 multiple choice questions, pass 80%.
- Evidence – Formal presentation of a storyboard demonstrating their involvement, participation and understanding of coaching a team to achieve a sustainable change including a Q&A session to demonstrate their understanding of the principles and concepts and the application of two of the tools and techniques specified.
Read the full Body of Knowledge for the Change Management Practitioner here.
- Exam – Open book 30 questions and 1 case study pass 80%.
- Evidence – Formal presentation of a storyboard including testimonials and feedback demonstrating their involvement, participation and understanding of coaching multiple teams to deliver sustainable changes including three of the following:-
– Change management scoping, planning, cultural alignment and implementation
– Sponsor coaching and contracting
– Development, planning and implementation of reinforcement strategies
– Development of engagement through communications planning, testing and assessment
– Planning and facilitating an event to engage the target community in the change
– Coaching others/self to develop skills needed to implement sustained change or increase personal resilience
– A matrix of the tools used will also be required
- Q&A session to demonstrate their understanding of the principles and concepts and application of the tools and techniques specified.
Read the full Body of Knowledge for the Change Management Advanced Practitioner here.
Change Management Master Practitioner does not include training at this level. This level will require additional observation, testimonial interviews and an event review as well as the exam and portfolio review.
- Exam Open book 30 questions and 2 case studies pass
- Evidence Part 1 Formal presentation of a storyboard
including testimonials and feedback demonstrating their
leadership, direction setting, participation and
understanding of leading an organisation* to deliver
sustainable changes including the following:
– Change management application, direction, scoping,
planning, cultural alignment and implementation
– Organisational leadership coaching to be sponsors
and contracting to achieve this as a sustainable
– Planning for creating sustainable organisational
capability in the skills needed to implement
sustained change and a culture of change readiness.
- And any one of the following three
– Development, planning and implementation of
organisational reinforcement strategies.
– Development of engagement through
communications planning, stories, testing and
– Planning and facilitating events that engage target
communities in the change, build consensus or
leverage conflict to achieve creativity.
- A matrix of the tools used will also be required.
- Evidence Part 2
– Review of personal coaching/mentoring via interviews and
surveys with project/team members.
– Observation (van be virtual or recorded) of appropriate
training, capability transfer or coaching sessions.
– Observation (can be virtual or recorded) of a strategic
planning or change deployment event lead by the
– Q&A session to demonstrate their understanding of the
principles and concepts and application of the tools and
Read the full Body of Knowledge for Change Management Master Practitioner here.
Whether you are an organisation that wants to focus on Change Planning and the human side of change, or the rigour and governance of Project Management, Boomster Consulting offers something for everyone – the training is all method agnostic and so fits for any change no matter what type size or scale.
However, If you want something slightly different to the training on offer, you are able to pick and mix any of the below to create a bespoke change capability development programme for your organisation, aligned to the goal you are trying to achieve.
We also offer coaching, mentoring and facilitation to unlock and develop your change capability. Please email Boomster Consulting for more information.
Achieving Brilliant Change: Change Maker Advanced Training
Boomster Consulting are hosting their first ever Change Maker Advanced Training for both BQF members and non-members who wish to understand how to plan, execute and deliver brilliant change. The training will be delivered by expert Master Change practitioners with operational change delivery experience.
This 3-day virtual course will provide you with a unique, practical and simple approach to ‘unpack’ what it will take to deliver sustainable change, with pace and agility that feels good and deliver to its full potential.
The training will be a fully gamified, fun and very practical hands on learning experience and you will achieve an External Recognition with a BQF Certification (Change Management Advanced).