The UK Excellence Award is one of the highest accolades any organisation in the UK can receive. Launched in 1994, it recognises organisations which have demonstrated excellence in all areas of operation.
Entrants are required to undergo a rigorous formal assessment against the EFQM Excellence Model and a site visit by a team of trained assessors.
Previous winners include Interserve Construction, Merseyside Probation Trust and One Vision Housing.
Recipients of UK Excellence Award recognition are announced and presented at our annual UK Excellence Award Ceremony, as well as featured on our website and in our member magazine, UK Excellence.
- Winners & Finalists
The Jury may identify any number of equal status award winners from the chosen finalists - these organisations will have demonstrated that they are role models of excellence across all areas of the Model.
- Excellence 600 *NEW FOR 2014*
Organisations that score more than 600 points against the Model in their award assessment will receive Excellence 600 certification to indicate that they are performing to an exceptionally high standard.
- Jury Commendation
The Jury may formally commend any organisation, not selected as a finalist, that has made significant progress on its excellence journey
Why your organisation should enter
In addition to national recognition, the benefits of entering the UK Excellence Award include:
- A comprehensive feedback report which will inform strategic planning and future direction
- Free facilitation from an experienced award facilitator to help produce an award submission
- A dedicated team of committed and focused assessors who will work from registration to site
- A benchmarking visit to a recent UK Excellence Award winner and the chance to learn from
their best practice
- A unique way to motivate employees at all levels in a positive and constructive atmosphere
Become a UK Excellence Award assessor
Benefits of assessing for the UK Excellence Award include:
- The opportunity to experience best practice and how the Model is used in other organisations
- Strategic skills such as identifying improvement opportunities and benchmarking
- Enhancement of basic skills e.g. leadership, teamwork and communication as a valuable addition to personal development
Find out more
For more information on entering the 2014 UK Excellence Award, download our guide. Alternatively please contact the Awards Office on 020 7654 5010 or contact us online.